Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Make new friends, but keep the old, none are silver, notta one is gold...they are all platinum!

I met Ginger in Mrs. Robinson's class when we were 9.  We were inseparable from 3rd grade all the way to college where we roomed together.  We lived together all 4 years of our undergrad and only got into one fight that I can remember.  From playing with dolls to going on dates, she has been around for the long haul.  Ginger is a great christian woman who I admire tremendously.  She is a faithful friend.  She is a planner and amazing at grammar.  I still send any important documents to her for correction.  She will probably email me for my incorrect commas on this blog (and I hope she does).  She will be the Matron of Honor in my wedding one day and will forever be my best friend.
Ginger looked absolutely stunning on her wedding day.  She married her high school sweetheart and I am not exaggerating when I say that she married an almost perfect man.  I couldnt be more happy for the way Ginger's life has turned out but I really can't wait when she is 30, and I can be Aunt Becca to her child (she plans to have children at 30 and not a minute before). 
Ginger's family was my second home growing up.  Her parents were my "second parents".  It was tradition to go to Red Lobster with them every Friday.  I pretty much lived at their house on the weekends.  Her dad, Jax Smith, passed away of cancer two November's ago and Heaven got a great man that day.  He is missed by many here on this Earth.  Below is a picture of Jax with his grandson Marshall
This was the Christmas card that my family received after Jax passed away in November.  Jax had gained weight from all the chemotherapy.  When I saw him last, he asked me how I thought he looked, and I told him that he had more hair than most men my own age.  He was happy to hear that.  I am so glad that Jax is no longer suffering and in a place where pain doesnt exist.  He was so proud of his family. 
Look at them...I would be too. 
The Smith family will always have a special place in my heart!


















No comments:

Post a Comment