Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's Still Allgood!!

                   As I was blogging tonight, I came upon this wonderful blog http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/, and Kelly was encouraging other blogger's to write about their families.  As I read about the families that had already been posted, I could barely contain myself.  I wanted to hurry up and brag about my family.  The kid instinct in me says, "My family's better than yours!" 
                   My blog name, It's Still Allgood, originates from my family's name.  Still is my last name, and I have carried it with pride for 28 years.  Allgood is the name my mom grew up with and it's the name all my uncles families' still carry on.  I like the way it sounds when you put the two together, and it couldn't be a better description of my life.  After all the good and bad times, "It's Still Allgood".  I come from a more traditional family from the South.  My dad was a farmer when I was born, and still to this day grows all his own vegetables.  My mom is a great Southern cook and during the summers I can find her canning peas, green beans, tomatoes and freezing corn and squash.  Summer's are busy, but there is some good eatin at the Still house come winter.  I temporarily moved back home last March, and they have been the best room mates.  Most people couldn't say that about their parents.  My dad seems like a quiet man to most, but he's not to me.  He's a perfect balance between tenderness and toughness.  He has one thing that gets him to talkin' and that's his tractors.  He buys tractors that look like they have been parked in a lake for years and restores them to look like the one below.  I wish I had a before and after picture.  He knows an engine inside and out and that's just smart.  My dad has no idea how much I looked up to him growing up.  Even at a very young age, I remember thinking, "he works too hard" and I still think that.  I have learned to close my mouth and just accept that it just runs in his blood.

My mom is the most unselfish person I know.  Coming from a family of 9, I guess you learn to think about others and that is definitely what she is always doing.  She spoils me rotten with her love.  She is so supportive of me.  I couldn't say enough about my mom. 


My brother is 4 years older than me.  He was the perfect kid.  He made me look like a terror growing up next to him.  I used to slam doors and talk back all the time and he would pull me aside and lecture me.  His therapy sessions probably saved me from a spankin' once or twice, but I've always been pretty stubborn.  He recently became a cop and I couldn't be more proud of him.  Plus, I really need someone in law enforcement just in case I get caught texting while driving. 


Mark married a beautiful woman, Erin, that fits him perfectly.  I couldn't ask for a better sister-in-law.  She has currently gone back to school for nursing.  Mark and Erin are great parents to the most beautiful little girls, Macee (age 4) and Haylee (age 2).



Macee and Haylee are my nieces who are growing up way too fast.  Macee is turning 5 in April.  She is in preschool and loves learning.  I love that she loves school at such a young age.  She is very athletic and loves sports.  She is playing soccer and t-ball.  Haylee is sneaky and funny.  She is such a little cuddler and loves giving hugs.  She says "Hug Bega" everytime she leaves and it melts my heart.  I love these girls so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment